Tonights Feature: Tea


We are still laying low around here. I feel guilty for not taking Calli out and to swimming and gymnastics, but I figure if I'm considering buying shares in tissues (not Kleenex - they are affiliated with Kimberly-Clark who I'm boycotting for their use of old-growth forests for their product - see www.kleercut.net for further info on this) I shouldn't be spreading her germs all over town. Besides, the walls in the pool aren't up yet and yes, I know that cold weather doesn't make a cold...but why subject my kid to chills if it isn't necessary. We'll just stay at home and try to keep warm by the fire, using wood that hasn't been cut from an old-growth forest and drinking interesting tea!
Some might call it potion...(Adam). I'm surprised my non-believer husband hasn't bought me a cauldron yet! Although he'll never admit it, he does use my 'potions' with good results! Hopefully we'll all be back up on our feet in no time. For those who care to know, it's Prunus serotina (Wild Cherry Bark) in that there pot!

Comments

Anonymous said…
The tea looks interesting, hope it works. Calli does look pale, poor little thing, you are smart to keep her in especially with the minus 3 and windy for your area for the next few days. I made a potion myself tonight to cut the nausea.... sure hope Marin stays immune. How many teeth did you say two or is it three?
Anonymous said…
yummy tea...I've had and heard of good results with that one...who knew if you drank bark...it would make you feel better?!!

Popular Posts