Techo-logic


Another challenging day with our oldest girl. She has a "But I was just...." for everything we ask her to do or not to do. An excuse for everything, a comeback for everything and she's even resorted to rolling her eyes and huffing at me when I tell her what she should be doing. Interesting.
Adam and I were talking about how we get through it all. He manages to remain calm by taking a deep breath and outlasting the fits. I tend to yell too much. I'm trying really hard not to yell, but it's hard to get a 3 year old to hear you over her screaming, whining and crying!!! I have a younger brother... Adam IS the younger brother... I think that might say it all??

We did some grocery shopping today and while Adam was in the meat store, Calli and I were playing I Spy and she was "taking pictures" with her Princess phone. I find it incredible how she is looking at the back of her toy, trying to see the image she captured of me! It's a toy camera. There is no image...but in this day and age it's impossible for kids to understand these little details. We were also talking today about how saying "You sound like a broken record," is going to make absolutely NO sense to our children. "What the heck is a record?" they'll say... "My parents used to have to change TV channels by hand!! Ha ha ha ha! They're like, as old as dinosaurs!" Oh dear...



Comments

Anonymous said…
Rolls her eyes? huffs? makes a grrhh in the back of her throat? ...good heavens, - where on earth did she ever see that in order to imitate?

hmmmm....the flicking of the head will be next, folding of arms in front and stomping off follows....

I know because my daughter does it still.........oh.....oh my!!!bingo!

Popular Posts