100 THINGS

Thanks to Jaime and her "challenge," I had to try and come up with 100 things about me-ish. I bet there will be things you might not have known about me! I am going to send out the challenge to the rest of you! Oh, and good luck. It's not easy.

1. 100 is a BIG number. 100 things about me? Time for some crazy reflection.
2. I drink 2 very large cups of tea every day. One in the morning. One at night.
3. I have Crohn’s Disease.
4. My kids listen to a lot of my crazy, loud music and they love it!
5. I miss my Daddy.
6. I’m teaching myself new knitting stitches.
7. I prefer swimming in the ocean to swimming in a lake.
8. I don’t have time to cry and that makes me sad.
9. I’ve kept a journal since I was very young.
10. I spent nearly every summer vacation with my brother, in England visiting our Grandparents.
11. I didn’t really grieve the deaths of my Dad, Granny, Grandad, Nana or even my cat, Wickett.
12. I miss my friends.
13. I aspired to be the first female Snowbirds pilot.
14. I had to finish Math 12 and Chemistry 12 (??) before the military would take me, and I couldn’t be bothered to wait.
15. I believe in fate, but not necessarily coincidence.
16. I have been addicted to chocolate.
17. Lunar Jim drives me nuts.
18. I miss the old me.
19. I have 2 tattoos and will probably get more.
20. I taught myself how to braid when I was a little girl.
21. My husband is amazing; caring, giving…
22. My husband is an AMAZING father. I am a lucky girl.
23. I can’t stand chewing noises or people breathing on me.
24. Manners are really important to me.
25. I am a Chartered Herbalist.
26. I have 3 large, ugly scars on my abdomen.
27. I have blue eyes with yellow rings, so my eyes look green.
28. I love beef jerky.
29. I yell too much.
30. I lived in Germany for a year.
31. Adam and I spend a lot of time apart, because of his job.
32. I love riding my bike…always have.
33. I’m learning to read Tarot cards.
34. My Granny used to read Shakespeare to me, in the sun, in her garden in England.
35. I have a large collection of poetry books.
36. I’m very sarcastic. Not always a good thing.
37. I am in desperate need of a new wardrobe.
38. I have a Fart Machine and it never seems to get old to use it!!
39. It even works if you press the buttons on the car remote! Double funny!!
40. I can’t believe I have 2 daughters.
41. I’m suffering from a lack of motivation.
42. I eat quite a healthy diet.
43. I miss going hunting.
44. I love taking pictures and want to fill my house with my photos.
45. I have my Dad’s Canon 35mm SLR camera that is at least 35-40 years old!! It takes better quality pics than my digital camera!
46. I am extremely proud of my brother. He is a Naturopathic Doctor!!
47. I still have my best friend from Grade 4 on my speed dial!
48. I love Weetabix cereal with brown sugar.
49. I miss working as a Flight Attendant…sometimes.
50. I’m happy I am able to stay home with my girls.
51. I have a clean house, but not a tidy house.
52. I am bored of cleaning up after the girls.
53. I might get my private pilots license someday.
54. I want to learn to identify and harvest medicinal herbs.
55. I talk to my Mum every day – sometimes more than once!!
56. Adam and I talk on the phone at least twice a day (if not more) when he’s away at work.
57. Adam and I are going to Oktoberfest next year, without the kids!!
58. I believed in Santa for a VERY long time!
59. My Dad’s side of the family is HUGE and we used to have Christmas together for 60 + people!
60. I was a Sea Cadet for many years.
61. I sailed on the Maple Leaf a few times. It is a tall ship…92 feet long!!
62. I am an excellent Marksman!
63. I competed in the Cadet National Biathlon when I was young and in fantastic shape!
64. I would love a bike trailer with a ski attachment!
65. I enjoy cross-country skiing.
66. I love Christmas with snow! Reminds me of growing up in the North.
67. I grew up in Chetwynd!
68. I have been to Princess Dianas parents castle. I met her parents!!
69. I have seen most of the Royal family on visits to London!
70. I attended the last Nirvana concert EVER!! It was in Munich!
71. I played the clarinet in my elementary school band at Expo ’86.
72. I used to sing and play bass guitar in a band in my 20’s.
73. I used to have 13 piercings.
74. I wouldn’t change anything I’ve done in my life so far!!
75. When I go hunting or fishing, I always thank Mother Earth for my catch!
76. Adam accepts my quirks!
77. I am going to study Wicca again.
78. I hate bugs.
79. I would rather be cold than hot.
80. Tofino is my favourite place to be.
81. I want to make my own ointments, salves, soaps and tinctures.
82. I could spend all day reading.
83. I think Calli might have a photographic memory.
84. I used to write an article in the WL Tribune.
85. My Dad named Calli.
86. Calli and I have the same middle name; my Dad’s first name.
87. I eat freshly crushed garlic sandwiches to clear my sinuses when I have a cold.
88. I still have all of my wisdom teeth and my tonsils, but I’m missing a lot of intestine and an appendix.
89. I have Season 1 and 2 of The OC, and I’m asking Santa for Season 3. How old am I?
90. I make lists.
91. I make awesome spaghetti sauce.
92. I was a vegetarian for 3 years.
93. I am very emotionally sensitive.
94. I miss my Dad.
95. I thought Adam was a jerk the first time I met him, but was madly in love shortly thereafter.
96. I hate surprise parties.
97. I send out over 60 Christmas cards every year. (Don’t get that many back though.)
98. I haven’t “dressed up” for a fancy evening in over 2 years.
99. I love soap, stationery and kitchen shops.
100. I have a china house collection.

Comments

Captain Blog said…
There was a few I didn't know! What does that mean?

Adam
Anonymous said…
Very cool... I may have to copy you and blog my 100 things!

Miss you
pauline said…
Enjoyed that. I forgot you went to CFB Petawawa for the National Biathalon Championships. Remember the Opera in Italy, flying in a bi-plane...

The question burning is Lunar Jim, does that give my age away if I ask who is he?!
Bean said…
Lunar Jim is a cartoon character living on the moon...hence Lunar??!! He has an annoying robot named Ted, and a robotic dog named Rover. He just solves everyday lunar problems, but his voice drives me crazy and Ted is a lunatic.
Jenny said…
love it. you are a very interesting person. it makes me sad i didn't get to know you better when i had the chance.
jenny
pauline said…
Which ones Adam didn't you know? Wait a minute, maybe you better not tell...that could be very embarassing.

Regarding Lunar Jim, could you maybe not watch? That would relieve the stress!!! ha ha ha
Anonymous said…
Jennilyn:
Enjoyed your 100 items of yourself. I would be lucky to think of 10. Retirement is so lazy!!!!
Keep up the good work. I do enjoy reading both of your blogs.
Mean Jean
Jaime said…
Thanks for sharing:) You've led an amazing life, you must be very proud.
I'm happy to announce that I knew most of those! hee hee.....

Love the one about reading Shakespeare in a garden.
Homebodies said…
Okay, this is great! I will do one too, but it will take me some time to sit down long enough to think of 100 things.
I knew most of the list of you. I really was listening, and didn't forget. I don't know how you eat garlic sandwiches though, do they actually taste good?
XO
"E" squared said…
Reading that makes me miss you more... thanks for the insight!
Anonymous said…
Great list, talented girl, I am also learning to read Tarot cards right now! Miss you
The Cheeks said…
I did not know who Lunar Jim was either. You know who drives me nuts? The Bratz, Ruby off Max and Ruby and the mole sisters. Do you know any of them. I watched too much with my neice! I would love a surprise party or at least a good surprise! You have inspired me to learn more! As if I have time!!!! But I will start soon! Miss you! Love C

Popular Posts