Crazy Day!


There is not a VW dealer in this town. This morning we were on our way out to see a "guy" North of town who was going to do some repairs on our 2nd car for us I was in one car, following Adam in the 2nd car. I came over the crest of a hill and was starting down the other side when I realized that I wasn't really feeling like I was driving the car. Then I saw Adam turning around. I wasn't sure if he was waiting for me because I was taking it slow and was pretty far behind him or if something else was going on. Anyway, I stopped on one side of the road and when I looked to see where he had stopped on the other side, I noticed he was helping a lady out of the trees!! Adam had thought something wasn't quite right when he had seen her car and had turned around to check it out. Turns out she had gone off the road in the extremely frosty conditions. Luckily Adam had trusted his instincts and decided to stop. The lady was fine, but was pretty shaken up. Adam called 911 and we waited with the lady until the police and tow truck arrived. Lots of people ended up stopping (with difficulty I might add) and when everyone was there a head on collision nearly happened right in front of us all! Another little car was losing control coming down the hill and caused the vehicle in the oncoming lane to pull over on to the shoulder! Lucky for all of us standing on the shoulder, we were about 100 yards or so away! It could have been worse. Needless to say, I didn't feel comfortable driving the rest of the way out to drop off the car, so we just made our way slowly back to town and carried on with our day.


We had a pretty relaxed day at home.

The girls had their bath and here is a picture of the squeaky clean team before bed!

Comments

Popular Posts