She's looking at me..............


It was an early morning this morning. Calli was excited to wake up her Grandpa and Grandma, so was in their room as soon as she realized it was morning. Marin was up at 615am and didn't really go back to sleep after that...Lovely!!

We struggled with Miss Attitude again today. She has figured out a PERFECT eye roll. Adam handed her a bowl full of Tortellini and Garlic Sauce today and she looked in the bowl and said "I SAID I don't like the green things..." (cue big sigh and perfect eye roll) Adam and I did our VERY best to contain our laughter. The green things were parsley in the sauce. She is so completely OUR daughter. I just think her eye rolling will become old very quickly!!
She was eating her lunch today when she suddenly said "Daddy, Daddy??!!" Fearing the house had started on fire or something, we came running in to see what was up and she says with disgust in her voice, "Wickett just walked past the blue sticker." Wickett is one of our cats.
I was reminded of the days when my family used to go on road trips. The backseat would be divided into sides, my brother on his side (which was smaller because he was younger...only fair) and me on my side, when we must have alerted our parents to the same level of fear when announcing "Mommy, Daddy...he just looked at me."
I thought this attitude business would come much later. I had certainly seen signs of it before now, but I had no idea it would escalate into freaking out because the cat walked past a sticker that Calli had thrown aside earlier in the day. Knowing her, she'd attached it to the cats back when we weren't watching. If I had known the cats would become involved...I would have told them not to go near abandoned toys or stickers in the house.

This is one of my favourite pics of the girls. I took it a few months ago...they've both changed in the time since, but it's still a nice picture. The best part is they haven't divided the pillow into sides yet!!

Comments

Popular Posts