Cord Pants


Calli has discovered the best new thing!!! Corduroy pants. She wears them every day...nearly... She loves the sound they make when she walks and does countless laps around the house as fast as she can, rubbing her legs together as she goes. She can't get enough and exaggerates as much as possible how much she actually needs to move! Very silly.

She nearly made it all day today without a time out! Because she is still sick, I'm trying to keep her away from kissing Marin on the lips or giving her anything she just coughed on etc. Tonight she coughed all over herself, then picked up 3 Polly Pockets and handed them to Marin while Marin was in the midst of dinner. I just asked Calli not to hand them to her because of the whole sticky cereal-transfer-to-Polly-in-babys'-mouth fiasco I was forseeing, and she grabbed them away from Marin and threw them across the room!
She doesn't make time outs easy either. She sits there and tells us "I'm waiting for someone to come and talk to me." If we don't answer, she goes further. "Will someone come and talk to me. NOW. UGH!" (Hopefully you can figure out that sound in your head!) "I'm done sitting here waiting for someone to come and talk to me." As yet, she has not left the stairs on her own. I guess she knows better than that at least.

Supper is also amusing in a sense. It feels like 97% of the time we sit together, Adam and I are constantly reminding Calli "Get eating please." Now if we aren't chewing something, she'll say to us. "Eat." "Get eating, Mom and Dad." "Don't talk with food in your mouth." "You're not going to be able to have a treat if you don't get eatinnnnnng...!!!" Where is the OFF switch? If you know the secret...Let us know.

I think Marin is growing more teeth. I only had 3 hours sleep lastnight because she was so unsettled, and she was pulling on one of her ears all day today and was generally quite cranky. Not sure if you can tell from this picture, but she was having a fit with me trying to take a picture. Now that I look at it again, I can see she's pretty mad...

Comments

Jenny said…
your children are absolutly stunning. your dinner sounds alot like ours. i have also resorted to the dessert threat. i've also resorted to serving whatever wasn't eaten at the next snack time until it is eaten. i feel like a bag, but it is soooo frustrating to keep making food that isn't eaten, then to be asked for a snack as they get down from the table!
Homebodies said…
It's always so exciting at your house. Could you leave Marin alone? Thanks! :) Dinner at our house is similar, Zoe eats about 3 bites, announces she is done. Then we remind about a treat after she eats her dinner, then she'll eat some more, we remind about a treat, she eats some more. She is actually hungry. It makes meal time more annoying, and it seems like a battle most days, if its not eating, its making milk puddles on her placemat from her breakfast cereal, and swirling it around......GRRRRRRR!
Anonymous said…
oh boy, Parker is the absolute worst eater ever and it is because my will power to stay strong has been exhausted time and again, I am definately not the one to offer dinner advice, however I found the timeout thing to work really well with a timer they can have beside them, it rings and he knows then I will talk to him, 1 min/yr of age is what I was recommended... watch for the timer being thrown though!

kelowna kids was right...you're kids are amazingly beautiful and callie is proving to be an adorable genius! cant wait to see them (and you!) again soon
djdestructo said…
I say you let them eat chocolate and junk food for dinner and then the treat can be broccoli, carrots and spinach salad. DO this for awhile, they will get sick of junk food and crave dessert, then you tell them that they can eat dessert all the time and don't have to woory about dinner! It's a magical plan.
Bye Bye Bean

Popular Posts