The Doggy Saga cont'd

We had a visitor at our door earlier this morning. Our neighbours sent the messenger over! It was a strange visit. She began the conversation by saying "We are re-doing our sons kitchen. That's why the dog is barking. We've had a carpenter in and that's why the dog was barking." She carried on by telling me that everyone should have a dog on this street...that was our problem...there are kids smoking dope across the street and breaking in to houses all over. There are kids around here all the time. I wanted to point out the obvious by telling her that there is a high school 1/4 of a block away and an elementary school the same distance, but decided to keep that to myself.
The worst part for me is that she seemed to be lying. She told me there was someone at the house all day, but I know there wasn't because I never saw any cars around, there were no lights on, and I know that when they are at home, they keep the dog inside the house. When I told her the dog barked all day, she was shocked! When I told her I couldn't get my kids to have a nap because of the barking dog outside their windows, she made it seem like it was really not important. She kept trying to tell me that it was my problem and that I should have a dog. She said there were no other dogs on this street, so I had to explain to her that my neighbour has a dog, the people living behind me have 2 HUGE scary dogs, the people who live on the other side of her son and daughter-in-law have a dog... She didn't quite have the story right.
So I'm not sure what to do from here. It was disappointing to say the least, but interesting that my actual neighbours are frightened? of speaking with me/us face to face. So I guess we'll see how it plays itself out.
Calli was a bit of a struggle today. She did have a nap "to help my snotty nose," as she told her Granny on the phone!! I wonder sometimes... The goose egg is still so prominent on her little forehead, I was shocked! It's quite purple and looks awful. I put a cold face cloth on it right away, hoping to decrease the swelling and pain, but that bump is a doozy! Poor girl. She explained the whole thing to Adam when he came in the door. But she didn't want me explaining why she had her toys taken away today....or that she poured her glass of water onto her plate of chicken tonight during dinner when I left to change Marin!!
This picture is of our lovely new platform bed. Our other bed was so high and really "occupied" our room. I think this one really makes the space more beautiful. I feel like I appreciate the room so much more now with this bed. Even the floors are more beautiful. If we ever move, I'll be sad to lose the upstairs floors. They are gorgeous!

Comments

Jenny said…
Wow, your bed looks great! I did't know what a gorgeous bedroom you had! Sarina also pulls the spilling beverages on her meal stunt....it's a hard one to get around! Sounds like you have your hands full with your little Callimonster right now!!
Anonymous said…
Your room is awesome and the new bed rocks! LOVE IT!!!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful bed!! So...are all the clothes piled on the other side?? Just kidding...

Popular Posts