Calli started her new swimming "Set" today. There are 3 new kids now. The ones she had before are either in different classes or have decided to skip a month due to the freezing cold air in the pool! Turns out 2 of the kids were in utero at the same time as Calli! I recognized the parents right away as being in the same prenatal class that we were in! Weird. I haven't seen these people in 3 years and now here we all are in the same swimming class! Funny how it all works.
Marin was quite chatty today and was making friends with the other mothers at the pool.

She actually had a nap today which was really nice. Calli stayed up and she and I had the chance to spend some real time together today! It was awesome! I just feel like I haven't had an opportunity to spend any "time" with her alone in the last 6 months. It's been really hard. I feel like I just yell and fight with her about everything, so it was great to sit on the couch (her choice) and read a book together. It was one of her "day-time" books and she was obviously itching to read it with someone. We wrestled quietly and laughed and played with each others hair...it was super cool Mom and Daughter time today!
I'm attaching a photo of the cool shapes that I saw in my tea this afternoon. Can you read milk shapes?

Also, the gorgeous view from my front porch! Why would anyone ever leave a place like this? I'm constantly surprised that there aren't that many people living in this town, but I'm glad it's not HUGE and busy and crazy either. I would hate to have my view spoiled by massive high rises or something!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
no i cant read milk shapes, however my mom and i were attempting to read our tea leaves left in our mugs that same night, interesting, hers was a tall tower, and mine was a lonely piece (missing kurtis i presume), have to saw i love this site, youre kids are beautiful and youre stories touching, cant wait to see you guys again soon! luv Jenn

Popular Posts