Silly Princess


It would be a very rare occurence for Calli to go through a day without some sort of dress up clothes on. Today she had an issue with this striped shirt I picked out for her to wear. She told me she would look silly in it and really didn't want to wear it. I convinced her to try it on and check out what she looked like in the mirror before she made any such comments! When this didn't solve the problem, I told her she could wear her locket necklace. Well, at least that took her mind off the shirt. I'm not sure why she thinks the shirt is going to make her look silly. When she got her pj's on tonight, she put her clothes from today aside and said "I'll just wear these again tomorrow, except maybe not this silly shirt, that makes me look silly." I'm at a loss...no idea where she got this one from.
So she had her Princess dress-up shirt and her fairy wings, locket and ballet slippers on almost all day today! I still think her hair looks like a little halo sometimes! Today was one of those days. We play hairdresser a lot lately. She's "Tyra" and insists I call her that whenever I address her to begin any conversation while she does my hair. Doing my hair consists of brushing it and asking me what colour I want it to be next. We do all colours of the rainbow. She puts a few rollers in sometimes too! Fun, I remember doing that when I was younger too!
Tonight she ate all her supper and I asked if she'd like anything else. She wanted some mini M & M's that she got the other day from Grandpa and Grandma. I told her she could have some yogurt and put the M & M's on top. She thought that was the cats ass!! So she ate the whole bowl in about 2 seconds and asked for more. I said sure, but no more M & M's on top. Her compromise? "Ok, no M & M's on top. Just put them on the side then please, Mommy!" I had to laugh. She's FAR beyond me in comprehending what's being said! Too funny!

Marin was pretty tired after having to endure eating her lunch this afternoon. I think she only slept in her highchair for about 15 or 20 minutes. I ask Calli to be a little more quiet when Marin sleeps, but Calli's whisper tends to wake Marin up. It's not that it's loud, it's just that she tries to be TOO quiet??? I'm not sure what it is, but poor little pumpkin wakes up to Calli's whisper or to her stomping on the hardwood floors. I swear I will have carpet in my next house, just to muffle some of the noise, I guess.

I think Calli is going to be happy when Marin is old enough to play more. She was transporting herself around in her dolls stroller today. She even does the seatbelt up around her own waist. She wanted me to see something and when I told her I couldn't see it from where I was, she said "I'll be right there, hang on Mom," and she rolled herself to me in the kitchen.
She shook her head at me a few times today, but she's to the point where she'll shake it and then look up at me wide eyed to see if she's in trouble. She has obviously learned the lesson! I know she shakes her head when I'm out of sight, but I'll let her have that. For now.

Comments

Popular Posts