Renovations 102



The second order of duty was to re-tile the floor under our wood stove. The original plan was to remove only 2 or 3 tiles, chip out the old grout, replace the broken/loose tiles and re-grout the whole area. Once Adam lifted the broken tiles out, he found almost all of the tiles were loose, so ended up taking all of them out and re-doing the entire tiled area. I should add that Adam moved that wood stove on his own!!!! I knew he was tough...but that tough??? He surprises me every day!!

Once he started putting the tiles back down today, he realized he didn't have enough mortar to fill the whole area. The original plan only called for the replacement of 2 or 3 tiles remember... He went out to buy some more from the tile store, but they were already closed when he got to town. This means I have to buy more tomorrow and finish the job. It takes 4 days for the mortar to cure before a person can grout. I'll keep you updated on the progress.



The house is in shambles. It will be nice to be able to put it all back in it's designated spots. I don't like things to be where they should not be. Now I have a living room serving as a coat and shoe room and the wood stove is out in the middle of the floor too. Deep breathing might be useful during the next few days. Please remind me.

Comments

Popular Posts