Oh Golly!

Apparently Calli has found acrobatics might be a good future to pursue!! She figured out a way to hang off Marin's highchair and swing to the front end! Marin thought this whole spectacle was pretty cool...as long as she had a steady stream of Cheerio's coming in to her mouth!

It's fun watching them together, because Marin is reacting more to Calli and they have scream-offs and gigglefests together all day long.

I took them out for a 2 hour walk today. I ended up walking over 2 miles with our new stroller today. I kept telling Calli that she could "rest her eyes" if she wanted and she thought it would be a good idea if all 3 of us had a nap. Marin had long been asleep and I asked Calli how she thought I could have a nap while I was walking...but I'm not sure she understood the impossibility of her own concept. She figured it was possible for me to have a nap too...and was adamant that it was feasible. Ok!

Tonight she had her boyfriend, Golliwog (Golly) dressed up in her clothes. When I asked why HE was dressed in girl clothing, I was informed that HE was a SHE now. I sense that I missed something somewhere... We'll see what Golly ends up as tomorrow.
Golly had one of his eyes and his mouth ripped off a few months ago. Calli apologizes still for wrecking him. He was my toy as a child, so he's pretty old!! (No snarky comments on that one please...) She puts it so nicely it's hard to be mad. "Sorry Mommy, for wrecking Golly's face." Then she follows up with a hug and a "There, there Mommy, there there," with a pat on the back. Crazy girl. Golly is in good hands the majority of the time...I'm sure. Doesn't it look like it here???

Comments

Popular Posts