Empty Nest?

Here she is.....The newest member of Her Own Room!! Look at that smug little look on her face. She knows the agony I'm in, I sure of it.

Yes, our little baby has made the move into her own room. We officially moved her into her own space today. I'm anticipating her waking up in the morning and freaking out wondering where the heck she is, but hopefully it won't be as bad as I think it could be.

I think all these "big" things are far worse on the mother than they are on the child. I'm sure I won't even sleep well tonight. I'll be listening to the monitor wondering how she's doing. I'll be getting up to check on her, making sure she's warm enough and not stuck up against the sides of her crib...even though she's been fine in her crib for the last 5 months or whatever it's been. I haven't even been to our room yet to see what it looks like without her crib in it. Adam moved her crib when I was doing something else...I've been reluctant to go and look. What will I do with the empty space? It's been filled for the last 7 months (plus a few weeks before she was even born...) and now she's big enough to be on her own? Man, the time is really going by quickly these days. How can my littlest be big enough to move out?

This is what it looked like with the spare bed and dresser and a storage cupboard in there...change table is to the left.

And this is the finished room with all of Marin's own things in there...Ok, just her crib is new. We rearranged a bit, but the space is limited. Theres a vent in a bad location preventing the furniture from being any other way.

I'm sure Ms. M will find her surroundings quite satisfactory!! You can tell from the smile on her face in the first picture that she's quite fine!

Comments

Jenny said…
I remember how sad I felt when Hazy moved out of my room. It's a hard step to make, but such an important one. That little cutie will be just fine on her own. And won't it be nice to have the room to yourselves??!! wink wink
nice pics, i missed you when you were gone!

Popular Posts