Today

We were treated to a lovely cool day today. I'm sure it was high 20's, but in comparison to 48 degrees, it felt like a cool spring day!! I even got to keep the windows open ALL day! The craziest thing is, I felt it was a bit too chilly to go swimming. I think that's as bad as driving across Canada and hitting the very long straight highway in Alberta and actually slowing down for the corners. By corners, I mean slight curves in the road.

Someone told us it takes about 4 years to get used to the weather here. How can someone "get used to" 48 degree weather? And WHY would anyone WANT to get used to it?

Calli went and played in the backyard for a bit this afternoon. She had asked for ponitails when I did her hair, and was wearing a dress, as usual. She went out, then came in and ran upstairs to her room to "get something." When she appeared again, she'd accessorized with her black headband with the giant bow and her pink sunglasses. She carried on to the garden and proceeded to carefully pick all the clover she could find for me. She added one lonely dandelion (how did that get there?) and presented me with a fabulous clover/weed bouquet. It is now displayed on our kitchen table in all it's glory! Such a thoughtful girl.


Marin had a bit of a long day. She fell asleep in my arms for her nap and when I tried putting her down in her crib, she awoke instantly. I left the room, hoping she might fall back asleep, which she often does. I went back to what I was doing and heard the door to the girls room open and Calli saying "What's wrong Little M?" (one of the little names I use for Marin) I went back up to check the situation out, as Marin was now screaming hysterically. Calli came right up to me and said "I opened the door and came in to see what was wrong with Marin." She knows very well that she isn't to go into the room if Marin is in bed...and by telling me up front what she did, she was acknowledging that she knew she wasn't supposed to be doing that! Progress???

While I was preparing Marin's supper, she was snacking on Cheerio's and ended up falling asleep while she waited. I woke her up to eat and have a bath and she managed to stay awake until it was her turn to count sheep!!

This picture is one that Calli captured of Marin tonight!!


Marin loves to sit on the rocking chair and was trying to join Horsie for a little ride!! She wasn't able to make it up in the end. She usually uses a stool to get on the chair!


For a random addition... Here is a picture I took of our stack of mail.

Comments

"E" squared said…
Calli looks adorable in the brown dress and sun glasses... very Marlin Munroe'ish.

Popular Posts