Fearless Gardening

Our gardens are coming along very nicely after all our hard work revamping them! Adam threw some grass seed down on our lawn and it's been making a huge difference, along with the Weed 'n Feed! I bet it's going to be quite lovely by the end of the summer!

These are 2 variations of my favourite flower, the Dahlia. They were planted this year and don't normally bloom until late summer/early fall (which isn't that far away, is it??!!), but I'm glad they presented themselves to us already! I LOVE Dahlias!




We planted a herb window box this year to keep the cooking/healing herbs nearby and contained. It's a beautiful sight on the deck...all green and lush and healthy. Makes it hard to use any of it.

Rosemary - Adam loves to cook chicken or pork with rosemary. I love it with roasted potatoes and coarse salt!


Peppermint - Lovely in my homemade iced tea and perfect for upset stomachs or colds.


Parsley - Useful for so many things, but one of my favourite recipes is parsley, millet, veggies and stock - baked in the oven!


Basil - One of my favourite herbs! Love it with fresh tomatoes and Bocconcini cheese. I make a cool pasta dish called Bruschetta Pasta and Basil is a key ingredient!


Marin is fearless. She is endlessly climbing up or onto things in the house. Stools, chairs, Calli's little desk, up the stairs, onto Calli's bed, onto the tiles by the tub... She never quits. She'll stand on whatever mountain she has conquered and prop herself up without holding onto anything and then kind of bounce like it's no big deal.

How can you tell who the troublemaker is in this picture??!! Princess Calli just stands by and says "Mommy, Marin is up on the stool."

PS - If anyone has any ideas for what could possibly replace the gaudy burgundy blinds in the top of half of our living room window, please let me know. (They used to be full length...but we cut them until we come up with something better.) The bottom portion has sheer white net curtains for day and heavier cotton curtains for night. We considered leaving the top part open...but I'm not sure about the privacy when we are upstairs... Let me know what you think...

Here Marin has conquered the step up onto the tiles around the tub and made her way to the corner to investigate the candlestick I have there.

Comments

Homebodies said…
I don't even know where to start. Beautiful pictures of your gorgeous girls, they are both growing up so fast. Your stories are always so real & humorous that it makes me feel like I've experienced it in person too. You've moved across the country, but it is so great to check in and see what is happening, and getting the visual of your days there.
Your yard pictures are great, what wonderful work you've done, it's amazing what a little time, effort and TLC will do for a garden(s). Your dahlia's are so pretty, I think I'll be buying some of those next year. Thanks for the little herb lesson, didn't know that about some of those.
Well that's it for now, your girls sure are precious, and wow, I know I already said this but they are growing so fast. Like weeds! Lots of love does that, which they are fortunate to have an infinity of.
Hugs, peace in your heart, love to you all!
R, and have a groovy day!!
"E" squared said…
Dahlias & bazil... my two favorites!! You're a great green thumb!!

Popular Posts