"Pre-school...Here we COME!!!"

This morning started off with the usual bout of family time in our bed. Adam gets the girls all riled up with tickles...

Marin doesn't seem all that impressed.


...and practices a few bench presses with Calli's help.



I shouldn't have to explain how excited Calli was for her first day of pre-school. She could barely contain herself. She knew that we would head out after lunch, so by the time lunch rolled around...she knew what was next and couldn't eat fast enough! She's been nibbling at her food lately, but today she wolfed down a whole tuna sandwich and a handful of grapes with no problem!!



After brushing her teeth and fixing her hair one last time, we were ready to head out the door. She was singing some song about pre-school that she'd made up, and was alternating it with a song from Pinky Dinky Doo (a cartoon she loves - obviously...the girl has pink hair).

I'd explained that I would come in with her and would stay for a bit, but would leave eventually and come pick her up when school was done. I actually thought I would do some paperwork today while I was there. But before we left, Calli came into the kitchen and said "Mom. I've changed my mind about school." (My first thought was "Oh no. She doesn't want to go anymore." That was followed by "As if.") "Oh??" I inquired. "Yes, I was thinking that you don't need to stay. You should just leave." Hmmm. She certainly told me. "We'll see," was my amazing, creative, insightful response to my bossy little soldier!

Marin fell asleep in the car on the way there, leaving both Adam and I the opportunity to go inside and check things out. I'd been once before, but Adam had never met the teacher or seen the school. We went in and looked around and observed while things got started.

Calli and her new school friend.


They were waiting for one more little girl to arrive. When she finally made her appearance, we figured it was a good time to leave as things were disrupted again anyhow. "We're going to leave now, ok?" we informed our little girl. She looked at us, smiled and said "I told you. I'll count...1,2,3,4,5,6,7!!! Now you can go!!!!!" And that was that. She was telling us she was ready to be on her own. She was happy to be where she was the other girls and her new teacher and we were just not welcome!! While we were driving away, I pointed out to Adam that she had counted to 7 on one hand. Lucky she's going to school!!

Adam, Marin and I headed into a neighbouring town to do a bit of window shopping and pick up a few things we needed at home. Adam was very generous and told me he'd take me out for lunch in honour of our birthdays! With that, he pulled out the McDonalds coupons that had arrived in the mail and exclaimed, "Two can dine for $7.99!!!" I guess sometimes, you just have to take what you can get.
Marin had her first Cheeseburger and nearly finished the whole thing off by herself!!! Doesn't she look like a little pro. It looks like she's done it before!



Weird. I was laughing my head off at her poise...if you can call it that! What a turkey!



All in all, we had a really nice afternoon to ourselves. We already have plans for tomorrows 3 hour break! We're going shopping! Can you imagine shopping without a 3 year old tangling herself in the clothes racks, touching every garment she passes by and picking up every second outfit while exclaiming "This is cute!!" Or the real topper...losing sight of her Mom and then screaming and crying hysterically "MOMMY...!!!!!!!!!!!" All while looking like she's just seen a very scary monster??? Yes, tomorrow should run smoothly. I'll just have to remember to bring a few snacks to occupy Marin, who will be well contained in her stroller!

Comments

"E" squared said…
Congrat's Calli, on your first day of school. You appeared to be an old pro!!

Hey, I'd take "Rotten Ron's" for a lunch date, any day of the week (man after my own heart... good work Adam)!!

Miss ya all...
xo
YAY!! I'm so glad that there are children in the world that adore school! It looks like Calli was thoroughly enjoying herself and making many friends!
Jenny said…
it's hard to believe calli is off to school already! what happened to our little babies! she looks so confident and proud of herself, good job mom and dad!

Popular Posts