School, Pool, Drool

For the past few days, Calli has been collecting leaves in her school yard. Her teacher had a special project that required the kids to gather and dry leaves. Every time Calli got into or out of our vehicle, she kept had her head down searching for the perfect leaf! (Isn't there a joke about a Cariboo Treasure Hunter...head down, looking for spare change?)
Anyhow, we picked her up on Thursday with the fruits of her labour! She had baked and iced cookies, and made an adorable fall leaf wreath, complete with cutout turkey!! And look how proud she is of herself!!



Here are my 2 little pumpkins eating the cookies Calli made! Marin can't get enough cookies and can be found throughout the day, pointing at the cookie plate saying "PUH!!"



Nee hee hee!!

This morning we woke up to cold air and beautiful blue skies! The pool was still and the reflection from the trees behind our fence was quite lovely! At least, I thought it was nice.



When my Pool Boy was working the other day, he beckoned me outside to check out this red dragon fly? that was floating in the water. We both thought it was dead, but the swirl of the water enabled the bug to get close enough to the stairs and cling on long enough to climb out of the frigid water!



I hope he managed to fly away and find a nice warm spot to rest after this harrowing ordeal!



I had a little chocolate milk craving yesterday and turned to my Nesquik Chocolate Milk drink crystal container. I made the mistake of giving Marin a tiny little taste of the dry powder...



From this picture you can see what has happened. You guessed it! She now goes to the pantry, opens the door, takes the Quik canister from the bottom shelf and lugs it to me with her continuous puh, puh, puh...... She requires 2 hands to carry the container, but somehow manages to carry it and walk around the house to wherever I am!!

She likes to help me load the dishwasher and I always ask her to close the dishwasher door for me. Lastnight, she must have thought she was a dish!



HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL, FROM ADAM, THE TURKEYS AND ME!!

Comments

"E" squared said…
We sure miss those little turkeys!!

Happy Thanksgiving right back at you!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Marin cracks me up! She has an insatiable palate!

Popular Posts