Apex Celebration



Last week the girls and I attended a beautiful wedding in BC up at Apex Mountain in Penticton. I was looking forward to being up on top of a mountain, just for the fact that the nights would be cool and we'd hopefully get some nice fresh mountain air!! Typically, we hit the heatwave weekend and the nights were just as warm as they are at home.

The wedding was BEAUTIFUL!! The setting was majestic and it was a treat to see so many green pine trees all in one place!



The Bride and Groom were as captivating as the scenery, making the day one that everyone will certainly remember forever!



We mingled with our family and met some new people while Calli entertained the masses...I hardly had to keep track of her all weekend! She was busy playing with the other kids and her Aunts and Uncles. She could hardly stay awake standing up at the end of the night. She enjoyed watching the wedding and danced up a storm at the reception. I think she might have seen a bit too much of So You Think You Can Dance at some point, as she was demonstrating some break-dancing on the dance floor. I didn't know she knew how to do any of the moves she was pulling!! She normally puts on her ballet outfit or a Princess dress and then floats around the house dancing like she is in Swan Lake or something...but break-dancing??? And I'm talking hands and feet on the floor and going in circles while lifting/kicking up whichever appendage is in the way of the turning appendage... I'm sure the visual is terrible from that description, but I have no other way to describe it. It was quite a sight!

This is a picture of Calli and the bride - Auntie Jenny. Calli is a lucky girl to have such a beautiful Auntie!!



My beautiful friend, Suzanne, is a clothing designer and sent this dress to Calli. Calli wanted to wear it as soon as she opened the box and never take it off - she has a thing for dresses. I knew Jenny and Chad's wedding would be the perfect opportunity to showcase Suzanne's talent and Calli did it justice. Suze - I think the dress did more spins and Cinderella twirls than you could ever have prepared it for. Each time somebody commented on the dress Calli would say "Thank you. My Mom's friend Suzanne, is a clothing designer and she made this dress for me. Don't you think it's lovely?" This would be followed by the obligatory twirl and a gorgeous smile as you can see in the picture! Thank you Suzabelle!!! XXOO



Marin enjoyed the wedding as well and spent the afternoon snuggled in her Grandmas arms! She was attacked by a mosquito the night before and sported some pretty nasty bites for a few days. Luckily they didn't seem to be bothering her.



Marin has an uncanny ability to take a bead necklace and place it around her neck like she's an old pro!! She wears a beaded necklace quite often to accessorize her little outfits!!



Doesn't he look like the proudest Grandpa in the world!! Grandpa always has time for sight-seeing/mingling/visiting with his Grand-daughters. He taught Calli how to play pool at the pub the night before the wedding!!



We managed to squeeze in a visit with Jenny, Sarina, Hazel and some other PRiverian friends when we arrived in Kelowna. Apparently the heat was affecting my brain quite drastically, because I didn't bring out my camera while we were there. I forgot it in our crappy rental car...grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! In hindsight, I wish I'd taken the camera and forgotten the crappy car!!

The flights both ways were great and the girls did very well on the plane, as I expected (such a bragger).The time difference was pretty crazy when we arrived in BC and they both awoke at 4:30am (BC time), the first morning. After bribing turned out unsuccessfully, I resigned myself to the fact that they weren't going to go back to sleep and we played until it was breakfast time. They went to bed around 11pm that night...only to awake at 6am the next morning! Lucky me. Since we've been home again, they have slept in until 9am, which is quite a treat for us. I'm not sure I've slept this late in the morning in years!! I only wonder how long it will be before things get back to "normal."

Comments

"E" squared said…
The wedding sounded/looked beautiful!! I am sure you enjoyed visiting everyone... what a nice treat!
I was just talking to our friend Darrin (he was at the same wedding) and it turns out he sat with you a few times! What a small world!!

I'm sad that I didn't get to see you on your trip. However, I'll be in Ottawa in August.

The girls look great....

How come there are never any pics of YOU??

Popular Posts