Sad-urday

Today was one of those weird days that seems to run out before you can figure out what happened. Where did the day go? Suddenly it was 3pm and we had to get to town to do a few last minute things...Next thing you know, we're at the airport saying Goodbye.



Calli already seems sad. It was during supper when I looked at her and she just seemd so quiet and sad-eyed. I asked her if she was tired and she told me her eyes hurt. She decided then to just finish supper and head off to bed. She didn't even want to have a bath tonight. I was shocked. She was happier having me read her a few books and then heading to bed for the night. I didn't have to fight with her or anything. The only fight was when I asked her to clean up her Barbies from the kitchen floor and she said "This is such hard work for me."
I can't understand how it's harder work to clean the mess than it is to make it in the first place. Cleaning seems like such satisfactory work to me, because I can always see the result...but I guess that's pretty advanced for a 3 year old.

Marin was rubbing her eyes too, so both of them were in bed by 8pm. I usually get Calli to bed first, then Marin goes down about 1/2 an hour later, but tonight...Marin was only about 10 minutes behind her sister! Lucky me!



I changed all the clocks, and it must have been a sub-conscious/psychological reaction of some sort, because I feel like it's 3am now. I'm SO tired and ready for my bed too!

Adam was going to grout today before he left, but after getting the instructions he realized he didn't have enough time to do it. So I am left with the option of doing it in the next few days...or waiting for him to come home and do it. I have a feeling it might not be done when he arrives home...I have a few other things to tend to in my spare time....namely Calli and Marin. I could completely surprise myself (and him) and get it done, but it's only Saturday. We'll have to see how the days go.

We managed to move the wood stove back onto the tiles together. I have NO idea how he moved that thing off the tiles in the first place. I am pretty strong, but there was no way I could lift my 1/2 today when we were trying to move it. He ended up lifting/pulling it and I pushed from my end. It took no time at all and neither of us pulled any muscles. Quite a team I tell you, quite a team!!

We put all the finishing touches on front porch today and loaded everything back in there. It looks great, doesn't it! I hope the first impression sells the house as it did for us when we walked in for the first time!

Comments

"E" squared said…
Nice carpet... looks good!
Good luck to Adam aswell!

Popular Posts