Montreal is real



(Marin is learning to read the safety features card early!!)

We had a fantastic and fruitful trip out to Montreal. The girls were amazing on the plane. Mostly because they were asleep about 89% of the time!! I put Marin into a "burping" position for take-off and she was quite still...I assumed she was looking out the window. Once we were up in the air, I realized she must have fallen asleep and thought I'd better keep still. She ended up sleeping for about 3.5 hours. I even passed her off to Granny for a bathroom break AND took her back and she didn't wake up. Calli was pretty much the same. She had her Golliwog with her and used him as a pillow. It was a great stress-relieving/mind-easing way to begin the trip. Once we arrived, we met up with Grandma and got our rental car, found our way to the hotel and had a visit with Uncle Kevin who happened to "be in the area." This is funny for a variety of reasons, one of which is the size of Montreal. Maybe it's just me...

Uncle Kevin soon had Calli learning a few basic French words and phrases to get by for the week. It was only today that Calli actually stopped calling apple juice 'jus de pomme.' Her little accent and the way she is so comfortable speaking French is a great indication to me that she shouldn't have too much trouble picking the language up once we are moved.

We ended up deciding on a house on the 3rd day. I was sort of running out of time and options. The house is only 15 years old and is in a lovely little community outside Montreal. I think we are really going to enjoy it out there. There is so much to see and explore and lots to do. We were commenting on how it will be strange to actually be able to get in the car and drive somewhere! Here, we are quite limited to where and how far we can go.

We managed to spend a little time in the heart of Montreal. I'm afraid I don't remember a lot of it, as I had about a gazillion other things on my mind, but we had a perfect tour guide. I do LOVE the old buildings and all the brick work. I remember some parts of Toronto having a lot of interesting brick work as well, but Montreal is SO different. It's beautiful in it's own citified way. I'm looking very forward to discovering it all!!


This picture is from the Old Ports??? We were there quite late...as you can probably tell from the deserted looking street... We were on a great, old, cobble-stoned street with narrow side walks and little pedestrian only alleyways hidden between buildings.

Each morning we had breakfast in the restaurant of our hotel before meeting up with our real estate guru and heading out for the day. On the 2nd day, I discovered the BEST breakfast of all time. Crepes with Nutella and fresh strawberries, complemented by a few dollops of whipping cream and gorgeous maple syrup!! I shared with Calli, but I tell you, it took everything I had not to order a separate order for each of us! Marin sat in her high chair and suffered with her boring pablum and Cheerios. Looks like she was quite fine though, doesn't it?





Look at that toothy little grin!

Comments

Jenny said…
I've been eagerly waiting to hear about your trip! We'll have to chat soon
J

Popular Posts