Oh, the everlasting taste of soap!!


Poor little Marin is a tad under the weather today and so, she graced us with a 2 hour nap for the first time ever!! We were being really quiet so she could get the rest she needed, when Calli decided to open the door to Marin's room, peek in and say "Shhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!" All I did was say "Calli...." She looked at me with fire in her eyes...I said "Don't you dare slam that door." And she slammed the bathroom door (which is located right beside Marin's room). I (quietly) walked in there and because I couldn't make any noise, I slapped her hand. She looked away, mid-cry, and under her breath said "Bitch!!" Oh dear!! The word we have been struggling with for the last 2 days...apparently the time-outs and the threats of washing the 'dirty word' out of her mouth didn't seem to be taking effect. I sat her up on the counter and realized I had NO IDEA how to wash out my childs dirty mouth! So I consulted Adam...he had no idea either. We eventually figured it out and well...you can imagine the result. She screamed but the baby never woke up! Amazing! So hopefully we have taught the lesson of repeating dirty words and the consequences of not listening.
Adam built our new bed today with Calli's help. I'm not sure how much she helped...but she'd do anything to hang out with her Dad for the afternoon. She's certainly got the measuring tape figured out - everything is always 46 or "twenty nine - five." We still haven't figured out what conversion to take that in, but it's pretty cute!

Comments

"E" squared said…
if the soap lesson doesn't work, try tobasco sauce... just a drop goes a long way!!!
Anonymous said…
Hmmm....I wonder where she got that from?! What kind of soap did you use?? (some of it doesn't taste half bad...not that I'm in the habit of eating soap...)

Popular Posts