My First Meme!!!

It's amazing that with all the reading I do of other peoples blogs, I didn't know what a meme was. I'd read a few and wondered if I'd ever know enough bloggy people to be tagged for one. I'm happy to report that I've finally been tagged! Thanks to Marita from Dear Atticus!

So the deal is that I'm supposed to tag five more people to do the meme. I've decided to tag:

1. My Mum at Scribblings.
2. Jenny from Listen to This.
3. M-J over at Cinderella's Castle.
4. Christina who is part of The Lambes at Felker.
5. Chantelle at Cheek to Cheek.

Next, I'm supposed to email them or leave a comment on their blog about this. I am assuming most of them will read my blog, but....you never can tell.

Now, to answer the impending meme questions:

What were you doing 10 years ago?

So, having read both Marita's and Denises' answers on their blogs, I know I was in Williams Lake, dreaming about being on the same trip they were on in New Zealand and Australia. I was working at the Insurance office and receiving regular mail (snail in those days) and phone calls from them telling me how wonderful everything was and how much fun they were having.

I was 9 months into my relationship with Adam at the time and we might have been preparing for our move to Abbotsford a few months later, where he was going to do his Commercial Pilot training. I would eventually be hired as a Flight Attendant in Vancouver as well.

It hardly seems possible that all of this happened 10 years ago already! I was renting a house off a friend of my parents at the time. It was fully-furnished with all of his belongings and included his 5 cats!! I moved in with my 2 cats and would regularly come home to dead mice or live birds (sometimes dead) that they had brought back for me as gifts(?). My brother eventually moved in with me for a few months. Colin, remember that horrible old lady who lived a few houses down? Who yelled at us for not mowing the lawn as regularly as she'd have liked? What a crazy time.

What were you doing 1 year ago?

Looking back, we were fully into Spring and preparing for our annual family holiday in Tofino.

5 Snacks you enjoy

Edamame: with coarse salt, shelled or not, I don't mind
Crunchy, green, Granny Smith apples
Chocolate: But only the good stuff
Bits and Bites: we're in a phase because they were on sale and Adam bought lots
My homemade hummus w/ chips (organic blue corn) or pita bread

5 Things you would do if you were a millionaire

I'm assuming this money has come quickly, because I won the lottery...

Right now I would:

1. Buy a 2nd car to make our life easier and pay off our mortgage...and/or buy a house on the Ocean.
2. Buy my Mum a nice house with a view (and no mall going in beside it.)
3. Set my brother up with his own practice.
4. Take a holiday with our families.
5. Donate some well-deserved money to the causes I believe in.

5 Bad habits

1. Forgetting my laundry.
2. Forgetting my vitamins/supplements and paying for it later.
3. Not being forthcoming about my feelings/emotions.
4. Being too lazy (read: tired) to fold my clothes at the end of the day.
5. Watching too much crappy reality tv.

5 Things you like doing

1.
Taking pictures.......
2. Knitting and learning/teaching myself new patterns and stitches. I know, really thrilling....
3. Listening to music
4. Walking/hiking with the kids or as a family (time permitting)
5. Traveling and experiencing other cultures.

5 Things you'd never wear again

1. Scrunchies - horribly juvenile
2. Overalls - ditto
3. Short shirts/shorts - I'll leave that to Britney Spears.
4. Super low waisted jeans - enough of this "trend".
5. Stirrup pants - my last pair was in Grade 7 and I'm glad for that.

5 Favorite toys

1. iPod and iPod shuffle (perfect for the gym)
2. iPod docking station
3. my camera
4. my bike and my bike trailer
5. portable DVD player - keeps the kids entertained while traveling

That's it! I'm done. I look forward to reading the memes' of the people I tagged! Good luck.

Comments

Jenny said…
i'm a bit slow....am i supposed to answer the same questions then send it along?
Anonymous said…
Hopefully I can get to all these questions on my days off... what are you trying to do, make me use my brain and think... lol! Stay tuned, I will complete my "meme" soon.
Bean said…
Jenny: Yes, answer the same questions and post them on your blog, then tag 5 more bloggers to complete it.

M-J: Haha! I lucked out when I realized that I didn't have to think too hard about the 10 year question! My friends were off on a world adventure and I know where I was...wishing I'd gone along with them.
Ah...the scrunchie and the stirrup pant. Both painfully horrible! The 80s were absolutely terrible! Hard to believe we've known eachother for soooo long hey??

Miss you :)

Popular Posts