School and the Dog

My little Calli started Grade 1 this year. She is in a French Immersion program again and it seems the school year is going well so far. She caught her first cold only 3 days in, so it looks like things are on track!!

I had an actual First Day of School photo, but as I told you in my previous post, I lost all the photos on my camera. So I'm providing this one instead. This was taken (with my new memory card) at the gigantic Bass Pro Shops in Rocky View, which is in Northern Calgary. The store is incredible with all of it's, "stuffed animals," (ha ha) and hunting and fishing gear. Click on the link and it'll play a slideshow of photos from the store. Crazy...

Marin's first day of pre-school was pretty good. The problem was that Marin is really shy and wouldn't greet or say Goodbye to her teachers. In fact, I'm not sure she spoke to anyone!! But she was eager to go, especially wearing her new birthday outfit from Auntie Gillian and Uncle Raffi. She had to hike her knee socks all the way up in order to keep warm on the chilly morning!!

We are really enjoying bringing Nellie down to the off-leash dog park by the river. Nellie gets to run and swim and investigate all of the other dogs who've been to the park and we all get some great exercise. The girls like throwing rocks into the water and Nellie puts her whole face in the water trying to retrieve the rocks!!!

These little video clips are funny. Marin was insistent that she was sssooo "roasting" and needed to take her jacket off. I wouldn't let her, because it really wasn't that warm outside and because Calli was already dealing with a cold, I was hoping not to tempt the cold from attacking Marin as well. So these are clips of Marin "crying" and complaining!!



Notice how quickly the tears are turned off??!!

Comments

pauline said…
So funny, how they can turn the whigning to laughter in a second. She was probably getting feverish from the cold that was coming on! Hope she feels better soon....

Granny

Popular Posts