Meli-Melo (that's French for Bits and Bites...loosely)

I saved this picture from Halloween because I wanted to put it on my Christmas calendar, as a surprise, but it never worked out. So I am posting it here, because it is such a beautiful picture. I made Calli's wings from cotton wool and a set of store-bought wings. It just happened that where she was standing on the stairs, the sun was a-shining and I captured this lovely photo of her.


We had a really fantastic Christmas this year, even though my Mum was unable to come out and be here with us. I will have some pictures eventually... My brother, as well as all of Adam's immediate family were here and we were joined after Christmas by Colin's girlfriend, Adria.

Colin and Adria ventured to the mail box with Calli and Marin one afternoon giving me a little break, but ended up covered in snow when they came back!!! Colin would like to insist that Adria is not kicking his ass here. He figures the one with the most snow on them was the loser of Face-Wash Mania 2007. I would like to point out that he is wearing a leather jacket. Therefore, by the power of elimination...or some scientific evidence...snow couldn't technically stick to his jacket, so there is no real conclusion that he was the winner. I call for a re-match in 2008.


Calli received 4 tickets to the Nutcracker performance by Les Grands Ballets Canadiens de Montreal from her Granny!! Adam, Calli, Uncle Colin and I all headed out for the afternoon, while Marin stayed home with Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie Gillian, Uncle Raffi and Sofia (although they did take her out for lunch!!). We were lucky to get a matinee show and had a really great time! The set was incredible with "real" snow falling at one point! The costumes were amazing and colourful and the whole production was wonderful! Calli had a great time and raved about it for days and days!


Here are Adam (?), (who doesn't like to admit: 1. That he went to a ballet and 2. That he actually enjoyed the show) and Calli in their seats waiting for the show to begin. I tried to get a few pictures of the performance, even a little video clip, but Adam and Colin FREAKED out when I pulled the camera out of my purse. The announcer only said "No flash." I didn't hear anything about NO camera whatsoever...

Theres Calli at the balcony, looking down towards the stage and orchestra. She really loved being there and watching the show!


During the trip home, we talked about the story of the Nutcracker and all the costumes that we had seen.

Calli turned 5!! She ended up having 2 birthday "parties" this year. On the day of her birthday, we drove to Ottawa to Auntie Gillian and Uncle Raffi's house where they fed us lunch, had presents to open, then supper and an ice cream cake with sparklers!! Calli got this book as one of her gifts. It's a really neat book filled with Fairy poems! We love it!


Sofia was completely dazzled by Calli and Marin and all the fuss! Sofia's Metz-Mamma and Papa were up visiting from Boston, so she had a lot of family there giving her snuggles! She also completed a major milestone while we were there! She had her first taste of rice cereal! She took to it like it was nobodies business and gobbled the whole thing down, while hardly spilling a drop!

Calli and Marin received matching black hoodies with kitty cat ears from Sofia's Metz-Mamma and Papa and we thought we'd try getting a picture of the 3 cousins sitting nicely together....

It lasted for a VERY short time. I love the chaos of 3 little girls trying to sit still together! And especially with 3 cameras on them.

Comments

Anonymous said…
For the record...I soooo won the snowball fight...
Anonymous said…
Finally, no pressure, but it's great to read some stuff on your life in Montreal. Happy Birthday to Calli, what a big day that must have been. Your babes are gorgeous...like their momma...and dad is not so bad either :)
And your niece's eyes and lashes, how can you deny her anything. WOW!
Anonymous said…
ditto on those eyes! ive never seen such spectacular lashes on a little one!

love the angel pic, amazingly beautiful
pauline said…
Nice that the three cousins could have a xmas photo together, very natural. It was great Adam could see Calli's reaction to her first ballet, and Calli, Adam's!!!! I am so sad I couldn't make it, going to have to fire my Dr.

Popular Posts