Dolls at the Market

While the window people were here, Calli and I spent the better part of the day making paper dolls! I had the idea to do this when Calli was playing with this Barbie paper doll thing she has. Except, the Barbie is a flat plastic doll, similar to Saran wrap and the clothes just stick on her. You know those static type stickers? The kind that stick to any glass surface without actually "sticking" or adhering? I guess??? That's her.

So I found a great website that has a fantastic template for creating paper dolls. I printed off 2 copies and we each coloured our own clothes. I then cut out all the clothes and the doll and thought the addition of sunglasses for each of the girls was very fitting!! (I only had one prototype for the glasses!!) We named them Macey and Peri and had a lot of fun dressing them for different occasions!

Calli was quite creative with her doll and drew a belly button and boobs, as well as a backpack on her back! Who am I to argue with creativity!!??
Callis' doll and outfits.



I had to help Calli with this dolls face. Her first doll didn't really have a chance. Calli was trying to draw eyelashes with a thick black marker and ended up having her doll look like her mascara had run after a really serious bout of crying!!! I offered to cut out a new doll for her after she quietly commented "I wish my girl had a face like your girl."

My doll and outfits.



While Calli was at pre-school today, Adam, Marin and I headed in to the city to hit the market for a few fruits and veggies. Our plan is to try and stock up our freezer by partially cooking some of the veg and then vacuum sealing it.



I HAD to take a picture to show how much we got for $40 again!! Starting clockwise from the left is a 10 lb bag of beets, 2 bunches of parsley, 3 stems of broccoli, 2 bunches of green onions, a 10lb bag of carrots, 2 bunches of bananas (8 and 7 each bunch), brussel sprouts, 2 huge punnets of cherry tomatoes, Granny Smith apples, MacIntosh apples and oranges! And of course the baguette!! YUM!!

Comments

Jenny said…
wow, those veggies and fruit are gorgeous! i love the paper dolls, we're going to try them tomorrow. thanks for the great idea!
jenny
Ummm....are you sure those dolls were for the girls??

Just checking.

Popular Posts