Remember how Adam and I got to go to Calli's Montessori school for the day so she could show us all the activities that she was learning? Well, Marin had one of those days 2 weeks ago and I got to go see how she's doing and what she is learning. It sure was different seeing Marin in that environment and having her show me how she can build things...
...and sort things into numbered piles...
...and write letters in the cornmeal tray.

She was her usual funny self...




...and when she produced her list of things to "show" me, she did just that!! She showed me the activity without a demonstration!! I had to explain to her that I was there to actually see how she does her work.
Here she is showing me the number rods. Look how hard she is concentrating!

We are pretty proud of our little girl and all the things she has accomplished so far this year! She is really coming out of her shell and becoming more confident in herself and it shows!

The following are the answers Marin gave to her "interrogation" interview!!

Remember these are the words right out of her mouth. She was extremely squirmy while we were doing the interview, so I'm amazed any answers came out of her at all!

1. What is something Mom always says to you? Clean up!

2. What makes Mom happy? When we do stuff happy for you.

3. What makes Mom sad? When we do stuff bad for you.

4. How does your mom make you laugh? When you tell me funny stories.

5. What was your mom like as a child? You had blonde hair like me!

6. How old is your mom? 4 1/2

7. How tall is your mom? 4

8. What is her favouite thing to do? Talk on the telephone.

9. What does your mom do when you're not around? Make breakfast.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? For me!

11. What is your mom really good at? Talking on the telephone.

12. What is your mom not very good at? Princess Ballerina movie. Matching the princesses up. (they played it with their Dad, not me!!)

13. What does your mom do for her job? Sometimes you go to work on the computer.

14. What's your mom's favourite food? Cheerios.

15. What makes you proud of your mom? When you tell me nice stuff.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? If you were on Bo on the Go, you'd be like Bo.

17. What do you and your mom do together? Do letters.

18. How are you and your mom the same? When you dress up like this... (note: she was wearing a camo mini skirt with tights and a long sleeved shirt....I don't own any tights or mini skirts)

19. How are you and your mom different? When you don't dress up like me.

20. How do you know your mom loves you? Cause you love me SO MUCH!!

21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? To the grocery store.

Comments

pauline said…
Well done Marin, I am sure she was squirmy, some of those questions were a little hard to just come up with an answer...she is so cute when concentrating and so proud of her tasks.
Anonymous said…
man shes looking even older since I last saw her!! Lots of good strides for her...funny that your favorite food is her favorite food...
Anonymous said…
Really cute!
Anonymous said…
Hi Bean!
It's so funny- to me, you're still Bean... silly, adventurous, crafty... but to them, you just make supper, breakfast and go to the grocery store. You're such a mom! I love Calli's #20. That's how I know you love me too.

xoSuzie

Popular Posts