34 bottles of beer on the wall....

It was my birthday over a month ago, but while I was sorting through my things, I came across this card that Adam gave me. I think it is one of the funniest that I've seen. And I love funny cards. It is rare to come across a laugh out loud card, so I know that Adam must have looked at a lot to find this little gem!!

I had a really great birthday this year. Adam and I went on a fantastic bike ride out in a forest with Nellie running along with us! After the girls came home from school, they "surprised" me with this cake! (I made the icing earlier in the day, but they baked and decorated the cake with their Dad.)


In my funny birthday card I got $10 to go towards a girls holiday next year that I'll hopefully be going on with my friends!! I also got a new pair of running shoes, but I picked them out a few weeks after my celebration.


Marin likes eating cake...actually eating the icing is her favourite part. She could do without the cakey stuff.


Calli likes cake any time of the day. She'll eat the whole thing and ask for another piece afterwards!!  Such a goofy girl!


I got this beautiful bouquet of flowers from my brother, Colin!! The girls, Calli especially, could hardly contain their excitement at the huge bouquet, but the sunflowers stole the show for all of us! What a lovely gift!!


This year was a really great and memorable birthday and I'm so lucky to have the family and friends that I have. It makes getting through each upwards birthday a little bit smoother!!

Comments

pauline said…
That cake looks like it was made with a lot of love and the sunflowers are amazing. Er, I don't get the card, what am I missing, the punchline inside?
Bean said…
Hello? Take a look at the two things the cat already wished for....and listen to the dogs sage words of advice....
pauline said…
yeah, I got that, the two balls of wool....so what if the cat wants another ball......????
Anonymous said…
Looks like a yummy cake! I like the second scary face...Calli looks a bit like a pirate!
Have a good one!

Popular Posts