I've been busy...

Adams parents came for a visit this week. We were very busy with them doing some great things in Montreal. On Friday we took them to a Sugar Shack. I will have the story and pictures soon...

On Saturday Calli and I, along with Katrina and Gus, went to a production of Annie. It was Calli's first theatre experience and it was THE perfect play to take a 4 year old to! She sat through the whole thing with a big smile on her face. She has since asked me if she could have the songs from Annie. I have obliged by downloading 3 of her favourites from iTunes. She told me she would like to be in the Annie play some day. I imagine she'll have the songs memorized in no time. Perhaps an audition is in her future???!!!

After racing home from the play, I joined Adam and his Dad and we made our way in to the city while the girls stayed home with Grandma. Our plan was to meet Adam's brother Kevin and his wife Chelsea at the Bell Centre to see about scoring some tickets to the hockey game. After a few minutes we had EXTREMELY hot tickets in our hands and were on our way in to the craziness that was by far one of the best hockey games I've ever seen live!!



Yes, it was St Patricks Day, it was the Habs vs the Leafs and the revellers were out in all their finery.



I'm pretty sure all 21,372 people were wearing jerseys or green or both!! I've included a few YouTube videos with replays of the shootout. We talked about it for the next two days!!! A perfect game to see!











Here are Kevin, Chelsea, Byron and Adam after the game. Chelsea's face is partially hidden by a pesky little snowflake. Sorry Chelsea....



Afterwards Kevin and Chelsea took us to one of their favourite spots in Montreal for a little wine and hors d'oeuvres treat!! Pullman has an amazing variety of mini snacks, which just might be some of the tastiest morsels of food I've had and a vast selection of wines.

Adam was in L-O-V-E with their wine cellar. On the lower level of the bar is a glass wine cellar filled with different wines from around the world. Adam has already started plans for the wine cellar he will build in our next house. I think the rest of the house might be built around the cellar!!



We ordered a selection of snacks for everyone to share. Here you will see the tiny little match-stick fries, mini-bison burgers and grilled cheddar cheese sandwiches (grilled in port). We also enjoyed french green beans with almonds and truffle oil and tuna sashimi with sea salt and cucumber. Yum.



Chelsea has been raving about these mini-bison burgers since we moved here in last summer! Adam had sampled them during an outing with Kevin, so Byron and I were the only ones who didn't know the goodness of these cute little burgers. I wonder who they get to make the buns!



We arrived home late and were up by 6am to drive up to Mont Tremblant for a day of skiing/snowboarding. It was snowing a bit and was very windy, so we weren't sure how the day would be, but the sun came out mid-morning and we were in for a beautiful day on the slopes! The wind, on the other hand...I stopped at one point on the crest of a hill, and the wind actually blew me and my snowboard backwards!!! Adam told me he was racing down a hill and the wind came up and nearly stopped him in his tracks too! It was nuts!

After lunch, I had a private snowboard lesson with an extremely French instructor named Manu. He was very good and taught me a new outlook on how to control my board better. After 10 years of snowboarding, I wasn't sure what I could possibly learn, but he was exactly what I needed!

Here is Adam and his Dad at the end of the day, waiting for the bus.



Adam and I in the same spot.



And the beautiful view of the mountain as we were driving out!

Comments

pauline said…
First video "no longer available" but the others were great, I could feel the beat of the crowd.

Great boarding, what a super day for you all. Nice that Grandma had a day with the girls, so Grandpa could go skiing with his sons etc and you could enjoy the fun too!
Anonymous said…
Bob can you buy any longer ski's??

The cull
When can you come out to Whistler with us??
m said…
Sounds like a grand time!
Anonymous said…
Those burgers look very tasty... along with all the other little treats!

I learned something new about you... I never knew you snow boarded! Cool!!
Suzabelle said…
Oh Bean can we go see a hockey game when I come back for a visit? Please please please?

Popular Posts