Catching Up Camping

In May, while we were camping during the long weekend, Marin was trying to sit up on a picnic table bench and ended up slipping and smashing her mouth on top of the table.  Her two front teeth became loose and she ended up with a fat lip.  After icing it at the campsite and calming her down, we decided to make a dentist appointment as soon as we got back to town, just to make sure she didn't damage the roots and end up with rotten teeth.  She was a brave little soul and did very well having the 360 x-ray done.  Here she is sitting and watching cartoons while waiting for the dentist to tell us the results!  In the long run, no real damage was done and she gave Marin a photocopy of her x-ray picture, showing her adult teeth that will soon start growing in!  She thought that was pretty cool.


After my surgery in February, my GI suggested going on an immunosuppressant drug.  I made the decision to go ahead with it in June and every 8 weeks I sit in these lovely, fluffy recliner chairs at the infusion clinic while the drug is infused into my body.  I usually end up drowsy and sleep through the whole thing, but there is a tv in there and the nurses bring cookies around!  It's a 3-4 hour chunk of time by myself...not fun, but I get to nap!


Marin gets the National Geographic Kids magazine and came across a photo of a fun lunch and asked if I might make it for her sometime.  It's bread, slathered with peanut butter, cut into a giraffe shape with chocolate chips (recipe calls for raisins - but chocolate chips are WAY more fun!) for the speckles!  It's a lot of fun to make and a lot of fun for her to eat...especially when she gobbles the whole thing up without complaining!


We had plans to go camping with some friends of ours, but they pulled out at the very last minute, so I loaded up the trailer and the dog and my girls and we headed out on our own instead!!  I managed to hitch up the trailer to the truck, drive it to the campsite, back it into our site without hitting any trees and set the whole thing up!  All on my own!  Adam joined us later that night and told me I'd done a swell job!

Because it was raining, we spent a fair amount of time in the trailer.  Calli and I played Bananagrams, but chose to use all the letters to make a giant crossword instead of playing a game opposite each other. We had a lot of fun and only missed out using 2 letters!!


Marin had a candy of some sort....she loves when she eats crappy candy and ends up with a coloured tongue, teeth and lips!  Ha!


Just like at home, you can find Calli somewhere, reading a book!  She is currently reading the Trixie Belden series.  She loves them!  After doing some research, I found that the books went out of publication and in 2003 they started printing them again, but it is very hard to find a certain few of them.  Last month, while in Kamloops, my Mum and I stopped in to a used book store there and came out with 16 of the books I believe!!  Still didn't find the rare ones, but I haven't lost hope!


The Bow Valley Campground is absolutely beautiful.  We love walking down to the river and sitting down there enjoying the serenity.  One time when we were here, a kayaker paddled by - going upstream!!  Quite a sight!


So pretty!


I even managed to start a fire all on my own...but I didn't have much paper...and I didn't have any kindling!  I tried chopping some with the axe from the wood I purchased, but it didn't seem like it was enough.  I think it took me 1/2 an hour or so to get it going!  After I got it going, the girls got ready to roast marshmallows...but we didn't have any marshmallows...or sticks!  Oops!  So this photo is from the next night after Adam saved the day by bringing marshmallows and chopping down some willow twigs to make sticks so the girls could roast their marshmallows!  Notice how Marin has 3 on her stick...


I let Adam drive the truck and trailer home the following day.  I drove his car.  We came through a huge rain storm, which was part of the reason I didn't want to drive the trailer!  I don't enjoy pulling it through wind...  So I drove the car home and snapped this photo of him behind me!

Til next time!

Comments

pauline said…
Camping is always fun, come rain or shine, but towing in a storm isn't, especially with wind. I remember how
scary it is. Way to go Marin, a trio marshmallow attempt. So happy her teeth were okay.

Hoping the infusions prevent another surgery, not the
best way to spend a day, but hopefully in the long run, it will prove worth it. Love the crossowrd too, well done!

see you soon, Granny.
M-J said…
I always enjoying reading & catching up... I miss you!!

M
xoxoxo

Popular Posts