Easter in the Puddle

We spent Easter in WL this year with Granny. We had a busy weekend while we were there and quite an adventure trying to get home!!

Granny had purchased some egg decorating kits to do with the girls and they spent a fair part of Saturday morning decorating the 2 dozen eggs she'd bought!

Granny had pre-cooked the eggs and they were beautifully presented in this basket for the girls to choose from!

Egg decorating requires a huge amount of concentration from those involved.

After all the dying and colouring was done, Granny and the girls headed out to the garden to plant some pansies in some of Granny's pots.

They each got a turn pulling the roots apart and learning how to pot the flowers.

Afterwards, it was time for a quick Quidditch match in the garden with Granny's brooms!! (note: she, herself does not fly on these as far as I know.... :)

Later that day, we went out to our friends, Todd and Theresa's house for dinner and an easter egg hunt for the kids.

Theresa and I hid all the eggs and the 5 kids set about finding them.

It's lucky Diondra was there to help the little ones reach the higher eggs!!

Calli found a few nestled under rocks!

Adam had come from Halifax the previous morning and had picked up some fresh lobster to accompany the amazing roast that Todd had cooking! I don't like red meat, but I had 2 little pieces of this roast and it was incredible.

The lobster, as always, were delicious!

We enjoyed a beautiful supper with Todd, Theresa, Diondra and Steve and Shannon and their kids. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

While the adults sat around chatting and reminiscing, the kids were playing Rock Band for Wii and having a great time!

The next morning, the Easter bunny had come!!! Here's Marin ready to fill up her basket!

Granny had a lovely Easter tree set up in her living room and the girls loved looking at all the decorations she had collected over the years.

As well as the goodies that the Easter bunny left, they each had a bag of clothes from Granny and some cute summer shirts from Oma and Opa.

Somehow, Marin ended up with more eggies than Calli....

...so Marin was kind enough to share some of hers with her sister.

Later that day, we took a fabulous drive out to Farwell Canyon, where I hadn't been for at least 10 years! We noticed just a hint of green appearing in the fields and many newborn calves learning the ropes from their mothers!

I wasn't quick enough to capture it, but when we were standing out here on this point, Granny noticed a deer leap into the river and swim across the current to the other side! I had never seen that happen in real life and was thrilled to witness it first hand!!

The amazing hoodoos of Farwell Canyon.

It is such a beautiful spot...

My sweet husband and I.

My adorable little girls with the river in the background...

Calli practicing her super model poses.

The two little hams on the new Farwell Canyon bridge. The old bridge went up in flames a few years ago, being made of wood. This new bridge should hold up to the travel of visitors and logging trucks across it.

Thank you Mama for taking us out West to see this fabulous landmark and for giving us such a great Easter as well!! xoxo

Comments

pauline said…
I am still finding eggies, one was in a candle holder
the other day - maybe I should do more dusting so
I find them all. But too busy flying around on my
brooms (cheeky monkey)...I will have you know I retired from quiddtich last year, my hair got too messy! ;-)

Thanks for coming for Easter, we had a blast, short
but sweet. That deer making it across the river
in such fast flowing water and then zig zagging to
the top of those dunes, was pretty amazing. Now
Adam knows why he can't out run them, he was as stunned as we all were by the strength and agility
of that big deer...it was pretty awesome to watch, and heart stopping to see it battle the current.
Robyn said…
Wow, I just love reading your blog, thanks for still updating it. The picture of Calli and Marin on the bridge is priceless, I would enlarge and frame that one.

♥ xo so happy your time in 'the puddle' was full of love and giggles.
Anonymous said…
I was in Kamloops for Easter! I would have tried to come up to visit for a day if I'd known you were there! Oh well, it was a quick trip.

Farwell is so pretty! I forgot that there are landscapes that are not ridiculously green...

xo Suzie

Popular Posts