Where do I start? Where do I begin?

We headed off to Vancouver a few weeks ago for the beginning of a whirlwind tour of BC, along with a few other important events. Our first stop was Vernon, for my cousins wedding. We were able to stay with Uncle Don and Auntie Sharon, so we got lots of visiting in!


Marin and Calli on the shuttle bus with Mr Moose and Mr Giraffe.

Granny picked us up from the airport and after installing the car seats we were on our way to the Hotel in Vernon. Because my family is so big, it is nearly impossible to meet people wherever you are!! After saying Hello to about 20 relatives on the way to Granny's room, we headed to the restaurant for Marin's favourite new supper staple....Chicken and fries with "dip." The chicken can be either strips or nuggets, she's not THAT fussy!!

Calli was happy to have some snuggle time with her Granny!

The wedding was beautiful. My pictures were not very good. I spent more time trying to keep Marin quiet than I did taking pictures. I know it seems unlikely, but trust me.... Now that Marin is beginning to talk more, she isn't afraid to use her "outside" voice to say anything. She hasn't quite figured out that it isn't appropriate. Especially during traditional Catholic wedding ceremonies or in restaurants.

Once we were safely outside, after the ceremony, she quickly made friends with one of her cousins. Even though it looks like they were getting along, shortly after I took this picture, he made a grab for Mr Moose. Marin let him know that Mr Moose was HER property. Then they played in the dirt together! You can dress her up....
The wedding reception was fantastic as well! Because my cousin is the same age as Adam and I, there were a lot of our friends there! There was a near catastrophe when we almost ran out of peroghies at dinner. There is NO running out of peroghies at a Ukrainian wedding. Luckily, the caterers found the remainder of the stash in the kitchen before there was an uproar. My Grandma and her helpers had worked very hard on them and had made 64 dozen!! That was the rumour at the buffet line.

We were running on a 3 hour time change, so it wasn't long before Marin was asleep in my arms and Calli was crying at the top of her lungs to go home to bed. Adam and I drove them to the house and came back to the party for a few more hours of visiting. I was finally able to meet a few fellow bloggers and say Hi to some old friends and a LOT of my family! I'm not sure how else to let you know I'm not kidding when I say the family is huge. My Dad was the oldest of 10 children. Each child is married and almost all of them have children of their own, and some of them have children of their own. The scope of it is....Adam and I have been together for 10 years. He STILL doesn't know everyone!!


Here are Carson and Jaime Isfeld enjoying themselves at the wedding. It was nice to finally meet Jaime!! Hi!



Here is Christina Lambe and I (with Jaime in the background giving me a lovely pair of rabbit ears! Thanks J!!) Christina is another blogger friend/Facebook friend. It was nice to finally meet!

I wanted to throw in a very heartfelt thank you to Uncle Don and Auntie Sharon for their amazing hospitality and of course to our beautiful cousins, Jenny and Kim, for driving all the way up to Vernon to watch the girls for us and to spend some time together!! We love you and thank you!!

I have other posts, but my keyboard is acting up and I'm close to throwing it out the window, so I'll give you a few days to recover from Our Enchanted Forest withdrawals (Mummy-kins) and I'd like to let all of you know that it isn't Facebook that has taken up my time. My brand new hard-drive packed it in one week after we got it hooked up. Therefore, I had to download all my pictures onto the laptop. Adam takes the laptop with him to work...so it's gone for days at a time. When we got home, I put all my pics onto the laptop and was going to do a blog, but the laptop has now packed it in!! The hard-drive is back and is running and (knock on wood-won't break down again) doing it's job, so I was able to put the pics onto the home computer and sit down tonight for a blog. Now the f'ing keyboard..... Does it ever end?


Comments

Anonymous said…
Thought you flew the coop too... glad to see you had a wonderful trip with all your family.

look forward to reading & viewing more!
M-J
pauline said…
Stella/Grandma has 137 (give or take one or two) immediate family. Four siblings and their families (29) and 10 children, grand and great grandchildren. Plus their partners (108) Indeed a large family.

Great two weeks, the munchkins adapt so well to travelling, sure hope the laptop/computer is fixed soon so the BC adventure can continue.
Jaime said…
Hey Jennilyn , thanks for the posting us on your blog, feel like a celebrity..ha! It was great to finally meet you, glad you guys had a good holiday. :)

Popular Posts